- Had brunch at Keste Pizzeria. Really liked it, but not as much as Franny's. Saw Tarun for the first time in awhile.
- Worked from 2:45 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
- Photos of a beautiful minimalist house in Spain
- Article about a woman with mirror-touch synesthesia, a condition that makes her incredibly sensitive to the experiences of others
- Op-ed on the Republican Party's strategy of attempting to smear academics whose work is at odds with the party's interests
"Killing a Moth with Compressed Air"
I raise the cool metal can to eye-level,
Double-check its strawlike proboscis
And take aim
At a haze of flapping, aimless yet furious,
As if already in the throes of death
The initial blast is a shock to the system
(A sickly foal’s first Russian winter)
The second makes the wings grow stiff
(The foal shivers on the barren steppe)
The third comes at point-blank range
(The foal collapses in the icy gale)
And with a grace it never had in life,
The moth, like a winter leaf, falls
Gingerly, I pick up my freeze-dried specimen
I examine the markings on its wings
And crush it in the fist of victory